Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

OK so i have been re-reading the Harry Potter series and after each book i watch the movie. (it gives me something to do at night while the hubby pants is working) anyhow.... i just finished the 4Th book Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire. It was a better book than i remember the first couple times i read it.

So here i am thinking I'll watch the movie tonight and enjoy myself this evening.... WOW was i wrong. i liked the movie but lets just say the only thing it had in common with the book was the title. yes for those of you who have watched and read the movies/books you'll have to agree. it's just a little upsetting that the movie left out some of the best parts in the book. i understand it can't have every little detail that the book has... but i mean this movie left out SO much. one of the best parts is in the beginning of the book when the weasleys go to get harry from his aunt and uncles. movie totally left that all out. sad to say it was quite depressing to watch the movie after i had just finished the book.

so anyway i understand that people don't want to sit through a super long movie (i myself would sit through a 4 hour harry potter movie) but come on look at the Lord of the Rings movies. they were like 3 hours long and the first 2 movies were so boring! i just think the people making the Harry Potter movies should consider trying to stay true to the books. It is a wonderful series to read and very enjoyable. i wouldn't even mind if they broke it up into 2 movies I'd go see it and it wouldn't be a bad marketing move (the Harry Potter fan base is Pretty BIG). well i was just venting about my feelings.

even if you don't read the books the movies are still pretty good and i think everyone should watch them. the series is a great family series, it's something the whole family can do together which i feel is very important these days. families should spend more quality time together, but like I've said before NOTHING beats reading the books.

2 comments:

The Wolverina /// said...

Okay, so you TOTALLY mentioned 2 things I told you and didn't credit me - or acknowledge that WE discussed it. I see how it is, "friend!"

To me, the Fourth Movie by FAR was the least favorite of the entire franchise. So, let's hope WB wises up and does a Kill Bill to The Deathly Hallows. Heck, I'll go for it on the Half-Blood Prince too, but I think it's too late for that. However, even thought the Order was a better movie than Goblet...it's still scary.

These last 2 books had so much information in them, that I just don't know how they're gonna do it. I mean, she could have made the last two books into 4, or 6 with the amount of info, and let's not even start on the things that she didn't even say about what happened in their life! Oh well. Nice Blog Mia, glad you can vent. I agree with you too, it's a great family activity, and what impresses me is the amount of people she inspired to pick up a book and read again.

Tasha said...

I would have to totally agree with you!! The books are so fun to read, and the movies are fun, but after reading the books they just aren't as great. To be honest, I have found that I don't even really watch the movies too much. I would just rather read the book. Maybe if the movies were a little more true to the books (the first movie was closer and it seems each movie they move further and further away)I would enjoy them a little more. But, it does sound fun rereading the books! (and then watching the movies) I would need things to do if myhusband was away at nights a lot too!