It's saturday night and i'm at home with nothing to do while Bill is at work. I was spoiled this week because my sweet husband took yesterday off just to be with me(which means only a 3 day work week instead of 4) . It's been hard with his work schedule, because we works the weekend nights and i miss him. My house is just not the same when he's not around. I try to find things to do but most of my friends are out on date night with their manwhiches! So i thought i'll blog. I know it's not news worthy stuff but it gives me something to do, and who know maybe next week i'll find something more exciting to do and write about that...
2 comments:
Hi Mia,
Glad you've decided to become a blogger. I've never created a blog but it's fun seeing the photos & reading about your European vacation. Ellen & I lived in Paris shortly after we got married in 1973. I was transferred there in September; she joined me for 6 weeks, then had to go home. I stayed until Christmas. It is a wonderful city. I took French in college so was able to speak reasonably well & got better as I stayed & worked there longer. We'll never forget our time there. Although I worked Mon.-Fri. we took weekends & traveled to Germany, the Loire valley & Liege, Belgium. Ellen spent most of the weekdays visiting museums & palaces. She got to know the Metro really well. Although we had a car, we mostly got around on foot or Metro or train because the traffic & parking there is horrendous (or at least it was 35 years ago!) We lived in the 13th arrondissment about 1/2 mile from the Louvre Museum. If you get a chance to return to France we'd be happy to make some suggestions of places to visit. We've also traveled in southern France (Nice, Avignon, Bordeaux, Marseilles), also great places to visit.
Love to you both,
Uncle Gary & Aunt Ellen
You shoulda called! You could have drove out to Ontario and saw "Fool's Gold" with us! :)
Post a Comment